Historic Preservation Commission

Alexandria Township, New Jersey is located in scenic Hunterdon County in western New Jersey. Settled by Europeans in the early 1700s, the township was named for James Alexander who purchased 10,000 acres in this locale in 1744.  In 1765, the split from Bethlehem established the Township of Alexandria. Alexandria includes the historic villages of Everittstown, Mt. Pleasant, Little York and part of Pittstown. Measuring 28.1 square miles, the township presently has about 5,000 residents. Farming still plays an important role in the life of residents. Crop, dairy and horse farms continue to dot the countryside.

Historic Preservation Commission Meetings
None at this time


Alexandria Township Historic Site Recognition
Plaques are available for $40.00 each and make great gifts, housewarming presents or are a wonderful way to commemorate a Restoration Project. Please complete the application, with a check made payable to Alexandria Township and mail to 242 Little York-Mt. Pleasant Road, Milford, NJ 08848.